- Congresses shall be held periodically, preferably biennially.
- At the General Meeting held during each International Congress, the date and venue for the next congress shall be confirmed. The congress venue and proposed date for the congress thereafter will be decided by vote should there be more than one bid.
- The President and his Organizing Committee are responsible for procuring funds for financing their congress.
- Should a Local Organizing Committee fail to organize their congress timeously, the IPVS Board will ensure that alternate arrangements are made.
- Scheduling of Congresses: In principle and when practical, congresses will be rotated between the three broad regions: the Americas, Europe and Asia/Australasia/Africa.